View Single Post
      04-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #36
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
Just got back from some spirited driving. I played around with LFB just to try it. I had ONE life time conditioned response incident. Pushed in the brake like it was the clutch. Lucky I was belted in securely....Tried a bit of some Heel-Toe. Got a little hang of it, just approaching stop signs from 3rd to 2nd, then tried one on my favorite 90* banked turns on a ruralish road. I've driven on it tons of times, it's like 10 mins from the house. Did OK. Lot's easier to do when you are actually dropping down and then giving it the gas in a turn. Going to keep practicing on that curve. I've watched some really cool split screen videos of pro's doing it. It's pretty amazing. With the DSC of I was able to get some rear end wiggle. Felt like 33#-F/34#-R gave me a lot of traction. I've been running 4#'s more for everyday driving. Interestingly when I bought the RE-71 they filled them about there, which I thought was an error. I've always gone with what the tire states is max, minus 5#'s. Which I'm pretty sure is 50# on the sidewall. I went into the tire shop that installed and asked why they filled them so low and he told me that 37# is pretty standard when they fill performance tires. So I just keep learning.....
In high school my girl friend split her lip open on the steering wheel and bounced my forehead off the windshield of my '56 VW Beetle and cracked it (windshield, not my head, although my head felt cracked too) the first time I tried to teach her how to drive a manual tranny. She stomped on the brake like it was the clutch also. The car only had seat belts so no upper body restraint. Could have really used the 3 point belt there! Not much fun taking her home looking like she'd been on the losing end of a fight.