View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
As for the head turning, take a look at your own video vs. KGolf31's video and see how early he turns his head (compared to the sound of throttle).
Here is a better example with a long left handed sweeper, and better sound of throttle with the new exhaust:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
Intoflatlines -- I live in Central IL, am on the board of Champaign Co. Sports Car Club which runs predominantly in Rantoul, and am also a regular with Chicago SCCA which runs in Joliet and have run with the Windy City BMW club. I don't want you to take too much offense but you really need to attend an autocross school and get some good instruction. You have a ton of bad habits to shed. Robin Blair and Jeff Kumler are both friends who would be more than willing to give you good instruction. Your first video with the guy pointing six directions was hard to watch. Course dissection is one of the first things I teach new students. If you are going through a course by yourself or with someone where you are "driving" it (ie. going from point to point), you will never advance. You need to get to the point where you have everything imprinted in your mind before you go out. The Chicago SCCA region and their events are one of the best put on the nation. If you attend their 2 day school, part of your fees is a weekend membership which can be applied to a year long SCCA membership. If you want a less competitive and more cost effective deal, CCSCC has events 2 weekends per month with 1 day costing $30 and the second $10 with no SCCA membership required.
Completely Agreed. Get to SCCA Events, please.

BMWCCA events make courses tight, and slow to minimize risk involved on their end. SCCA is still safe, but there is a whole handbook on proper design of a course. Driving schools are the best way to work on your mistakes immediately after making them, and can get easily 20+ runs

The best thing to do after walking, is to close your eyes and visualize the whole course, turn by turn. If you cannot do that...walk again.

It shouldn't take you 2 runs to get your bearings straight, IMO. You should be balls to the wall with the first run.

My last event these were my times:

51.908 (W/Passenger)
51.756 (W/Passenger)

You can see what an extra 200 lbs would do to your times too, interesting to note.
Appreciate 0