View Single Post
      06-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Stromtech
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0i 6-speed Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Yeah, so far the PSS's look pretty darned good. Was checking them out last night on Tire Rack.

I should also mention, while I do live in southwestern Ontario and we do get snow, I don't plan to drive the car in the winter so I am more interested in awesome spring/winter/fall grip.

strom: Thanks for the info on TPMS...I had not realized it was independent of RFTs...not sure why I never thought of that. When you brought the tires back, aside from tax, did you need to pay any duties? How did you wind up selling your old RFTs? My fronts are brand new (dealer installed them when I bought it in April), rears are maybe at 60-70%. They are the RE050s.
I brought the tires back using the duty free limit between my wife and I. The new limit is $800 duty free each after 48 hours. Just have your wife buy 2 and you buy 2. The same set locally was quoted twice what I paid in the USA so in essence we had a free holiday and saved money too. I sold the RFTs with about 75% left on Craigslist for $450 for the set. There was a lot of interest and they went within a week. If yours are newer they will likely fetch more.
Appreciate 0