United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Thanks Shipkiller...

its only an i anyway........
Please don't feel like the 3.0i is sup-par car. It may not be an ///M but it is still a great car with a lot of capabilities....

Since you like to do the twisty stuff here is what I like. Take it for what it is worth.

If you want a great all around tire that is really good for grip and absolutely fabulous in the wet, then its the Continental ExtreamContact DW. I don't mean the DWS which is a three season tire but the DW. If you plan on having your tire 'do it all' the DW almost can't be beat. I ran the DW before I switched to the NT05's on the ///M. I really, really like them. The only reason I switched is because the NT05's were $400 cheaper and had a little better dry grip. I don't drive my car in the rain unless I have to..

The PSS's are probably 'the' top of the line tire but there is a cost associated with them.

A lot of the Autocross crowd likes the Dunlop Starspec's. I have not run them but it's a very good tire.

My personal guideline is to get a tire that will do everything you want to do at the cheapest cost. That way you have more money for any mod's you want to do later.
Appreciate 0