mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Mike,

You really need to take a close hard look at HOW you drive. IF, you always drive your car HARD, close to the edge, always looking for that last bit if performance, then any of the Ultra High Performance Summer tires will fit the bill. PSS's, Startechs, NT05's etc etc etc.

If you don't push your car hard at all, but just want bragging rights, then the above is what you want.

If you don't push your car hard and don't need to spend a lot of money unnecessarily, then some of the lower priced High Performance tires will fit you well. I have Kumho Exctas on my wife's Roadster and they work well.
Thanks Shipkiller...

I would say that it is unlikely I will track the car (its only an i anyway), maybe try an autocross day or something like that at some point. I do drive it pretty hard around town and out in the country though. My favourite is the roundabouts we have here...love to hit them at higher speeds. The stock tires are too rough and I can feel they are at the edge when I take the roundabouts or other high speed cornering out in the country. For me, its about cornering grip.

I know folks had said the PSS's are expensive but I really don't find that's the case, at least not excessively. The price on them at Tire Rack is not much more than what I paid for a decent set of all seasons for my '10 Ford Edge last summer.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Appreciate 0