View Single Post
      06-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Stromtech
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0i 6-speed Sport

I am one of the DWS crowd...I selected them because I am living in the Pacific North West and I wanted an all season tire in order to use the car all year (we get a lot of rain in Winter). Others that wanted all season tires have recommended these as a very good tire for this purpose. If I was tracking the car I would consider other options. My wife commented immediately on how much smoother the ride was...don't feel all the ruts anymore.

If you want all season street tires then I highly recommend the DWS tires. As far as I am concerned they handle and grip significantly better than the RE050s I took off the car. The RE050 Run Flats transformed into hockey pucks below 45 F and rode like wooden wagon wheels in ruts on the Oregon Trail.

The TPMS is not dependent on RFT's and will work with any tire. It is important that the people installing the tires know about the TPMS and how to mount tires without damaging the sensors.

BTW: I have a 2004 3.0i with the Sport package running the same size tires as you. I bought the tires at Discount Tire in Washington State and had them mounted locally in Canada. Saved me about 50% over buying them from a local tire dealer in Canada and I was able to sell my run flats locally too (there is a good market for used run flats)

Last edited by Stromtech; 06-05-2012 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: added info
Appreciate 0