01-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #42
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK BMW View Post
What sounds like fraud? Why are people so ignorant and especially so negative. These were my custom personalized plates which I had to discover and order to have this custom combination of lettering. They are no longer registered to a vehicle so they are being sold as a collectors item or as a vanity collectors plate. For legal reasons when I listed this item I had put accepting donations instead of for sale not knowing the laws. But now after researching, it is not illegal to sell a license plate not currently registered to a vehicle. I own the rights to the plate, not the plate itself. Look on eBay and search for California license plates. You guys really need to do some research before just posting negative stupid crap!!
You are the only one posting idiotic stuff in this thread. You wrote, "...have them transfered over to someone else...", and the posted a section from the DMV FAQ about gifting custom plates, and then said donations are requried. You clearly are not talking about a piece of metal that will be hung from a wall as a collector's item. You are talking about transferring plates, etc. AND asking for compensation in return. Don't try to wiggle your way around this. What you proposed is clear.