08-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #83
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8tdog View Post
According to your 1/4 results I would say with confidence that VT2-500 will trap 120. I'm going to keep my nitrous system installed exactly as it is now, but I'm going drop from my 75 shot down to a 35. I want to put it on a dyno with the 35 shot and evaluate AFR's, knock, egt, new HP numbers . A nitrous shot on top of a supercharger is going to produce more hp/tq than the shot number...so I want to take it slow. They wont do a water/meth tune primarily because their tuning is so spot on that you don't need it. Tuning with water/meth for more power( ie: advance timing) on a supercharger without fail safes is a little risky. However, using water/meth for safety only, is not a bad idea...especially if using nitrous. I may consider adding water/meth as a safety measure when using nitrous only. You wouldn't need a special tune for this, but you would need to tune your water/meth with proper nozzle jetting. I like Aquamist and Labonte kits. There isn't a special tune for 100 octane, but according to ESS more power will be realized with higher octane. I think race gas can allow up to 20-30 hp gains, but I'm not sure of the exact number. I just got an email from Roman about 20 minutes ago. He said the car is finished and that it's running great! They were going to dyno it this weekend, but the temps and humidity were through the roof which wouldn't allow for accurate kit numbers. He said a dyno will be done within a day or two for results. Cheers
looking forward to the results!!