View Single Post
      05-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
Can just touching the pedal actually engage the clutch a little bit? Sometimes I leave my foot hovering over the clutch pedal if I'm in stop and go traffic, so at times it does touch the pedal if I'm not careful or if I get tired.
Why would you need to keep your foot hovering the clutch pedal in traffic? In almost all the naturally aspirated 6 cylinder BMWs built in the last 20 years (even the 4 cylinders), when you release the gas pedal it is almost like pressing the brakes since the engine braking effect on a HIGH compression engine is so strong.

In the MZ4 Coupe, because of the LONG stroke, 6 cylinders, and HIGH compression, when I release the throttle in 1st or 2nd in traffic it's almost like throwing out anchors. 2nd gear is SOOOOOOO damn long I can almost drive home from Orange County during rush hour and never touch the brakes nor the clutch (that's more a testament to how sh*tty traffic is than anything else).
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 2