View Single Post
      04-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Watkins Glen (4/20 - 4/21)

So I'm headed to the track with the Z4MC for the first time this Monday and Tuesday! Couldn't be more excited but I'm also a bit scared of the power this car has. I have about 8 or so days at The Glen in my previous car so I'm quite familiar with the track which should help with getting into a mindset of understanding the car and its behavior and not being preoccupied with whether I make a left or a right. I'm going with COM for the first time and the second day, if I'm signed off, is time trials which will be a new experience for me.

I got my experience at The Glen in a modified 330Ci which had comparatively minimal power (~240hp) so it was really hard to get in trouble. Though motoring out of the Toe of the Boot was torture! I also had a TC Kline suspension and all sorts of handling enhancing modifications that made it impossibly smooth.

Anyway, in preparation for the event this weekend I'll be tackling a few tasks...

1) CDV Delete. I've had the blank for Zeckhausen for a while.
2) Ferodo DS2500 Pads. Got these from Zeckhausen as well and had them on my 330Ci previous. Excellent streetable but track-worthy pads
3) Motul 600. Standard issue track day task here.
4) Oil Change. Standard issue track day task, too. But I got a magnetic drain plug which is pretty sweet.
5) Ultimate Pedals. I picked these up with the extended upper left gas pedal. Should help with downshifts.
6) Ultra Lap Timer. Can't wait to start timing my laps to really let me know what I'm doing right and wrong.

I'll be running my SSR Comp-H street wheels in 19" fitment so its possible that I'll have the biggest wheels at the event. But they're wrapped in the phenomenal Bridgestone RE01R's so I'm not too concerned.

I'll be sure to post about the event and my experience with the beast...
Appreciate 0