View Single Post
      09-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Wiechers Sport Half Cage for Z4MC

So I've been trying to figure out what my options are for putting a half cage in to my 2006 Z4 M Coupe. There's the custom route, but that's pretty expensive and doesn't always yield the best results. If the shop you bring it to doesn't fully understand exactly what you're envisioning, you may be out of luck. The other route is a pre-made setup like the one available from Wiechers Sport. They offer it in a few different materials and a few options, like a X-Brace instead of a single diagonal, and the pricing seems competitive.

The only tricky part is that they're in Germany and the language barrier seems daunting. Until now! The good folks over at CA Automative (www.ca-automotive.co.uk) are based in the UK and can source any kit from Wiechers with a 3-4 week wait.

Here's a link to the pricing...

http://ca-automotive.co.uk/show_big-...WLnBqcGVn.html

The Z4 M Coupe's half-cage is a Type B cage so the top line at the above link is the pricing. If you want to add an X-brace, you can see pricing for that as well. By default, CA Automotive discounts the prices provided above by 15% to those outside of the EU. I believe we have multiple people interested in placing the order, the discount may go up to as much as 25%.

With just the default 15% discount and using the most expensive "Steel Cromo" option AND the X-brace (pretty much the most expensive route to take) the price comes in at 470GBP. Shipping would be around 120GBP. The total price including shipping in USD is therefore right around $1000. Not too bad if you ask me. Plus, if you don't want the X-Brace option or if you want to use slightly less premium materials, you can cut the price as low as $500!

It's a bolt-in kit so no permanent changes are made; however, I'm sure you can weld the kit as well.

So... who'd be interested?