View Single Post
      12-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by imom View Post
pal... So E46 M3 stock headers or is there a particular "CSL" version that I need to find?
Euro and CSL will fit the Z4M just fine. The CSLs are about 2 lbs lighter, but otherwise I believe they are the same in terms of flow and fitment.

Quote:
I will look at fabspeed... How do these headers compare to say the $300 to $400 headers you seen on forums/ebay/etc. I just want to boost my low end power....while still retaining some decent MPG.
Ebay headers tend to be hit or miss in terms of fitment and often require modifications for fitment and/or clearance with the passenger side control arm.

Starscream - I did go to Fabspeed today and things look promising. They put the car up on a lift and think it would be a few hours of work to adapt their e46 M3 cat section for our cars. They use OEM style 200 cell ceramic cats for their kit and say that these are emissions/OBD compliant. The other fringe benefit of their cat section is that its a 2 piece with a quick disconnect coupler that allows you to run a set of straight pipes in place of the cats if you so desire. I threw the idea of a possible group buy and they seemed to be open to that as well ...

Lets see how that goes. They will throw some numbers my way next week and if those work I will get this done sometime in early January and dyno the car as well to see if I can get an additional 4.1 whp SAE to get to the psychologically advantageous 300 whp.

The header upgrade seems to be the best bang for the buck though and I would do it again
Appreciate 0