Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
all,

it's time i commit to buying some headers. i was a bit intimidated at first, but so many of you have pulled it off and even posted the install details which helps A LOT.

looks like all i need are aftermarket headers which delete the primary cat and relocate the 02 sensors to the secondary cat...where i'll have to weld in 02 bungs UNLESS i get an oem euro cat pipe. phew that took a long time to grasp.

question: anybody have an idea if fabspeed headers from VAC will fit the zed? they're local to me and are offering a group buy on m3forum for a very reasonable price. i'm to chicken shit to do the install, so i'll have them install also. so price of GB + install + ceramic coating = around the price of the SSv2 step or AA genIV.

link to GB:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=396500

anybody's personal recommendations which route to go or if you can provide any insight regarding the fabspeed headers mated to the Z would be great.

i'm an easy sell...so if someone is just in love with an particular header for our car for whatever reason just preach on and i'll seriously consider them. so far starscream has peaked my interest with ssv2stepped.

THANKS!
Looks good from here. I paid $1700 for my AA's and probably another $100 for gaskets and proper tools. Plus it took 10-12 hours of my time(w/o rerouting 02). Of course I bet I could do it in less than 5 now. Wonder how much heat shield trimming there would be? If that's all Id go for it.
The coating is nice too cause those suckers get hot enough w/o to boil your ww fluid. At least mine did.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0