12-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #34
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8z4
The 427 roadster project still exist, I've just been both incredibly busy (moving, school, and family), as well as having had to divert Z4 money to house projects and 325ci buildup.

With regards to the 325ci buildup, I purchased the car a year ago knowing it needed a lot of work (it drove well but was worn out... lack of care by the previous owner). The entire suspension has been gone through now and it now drives and handles amazingly. Then about 6 months ago my wife and I decided we needed to replace our old Tahoe (need an SUV to transport the family) but it wasn't worth much on the blue book. I was able to swing a deal to have my engine builder, he built me an iron block 5.7 with a turbocharger as an even swap for the Tahoe (value of the engine far exceeds the blue book value of the Tahoe). So now the 325ci has moved up to the immediate swap candidate (since it's my daily) and is getting all of the attention/prep work.

Once I'm finished with the 325ci swap and things settle down, I'll return to the roadster project. With the 325ci swapped the Z4 can now be 100% weekend/fun times car. Without the need to consider what's "reasonable" for daily driver duty, I'm free to let my desires run wild!
Nice to see this is still a work in progress.
Appreciate 0