gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
That if it gets that signal at high speed i.e. on track it will completely kill the throttle. In this case it did that and almost killed me too.
George
And they don't know the cause for the limp mode but have experienced it?

What causes the brake booster code?
AJ said it was from the sensor sending loss of vacuum in the booster . So the first thing I did long ago was replace the booster all the vacuum lines , the sensor , and install a check valve to prevent boost from leaking into the booster . I think the ECU is detecting the boost somewhere else and isn't liking it this thinking there is a problem with the brakes and it should cut the throttle . I and they have no idea why it happens on the track and not the street . Bottom line is my brakes are solid as a rock no issue with them at all and it's still showing that code and I'm still getting the limp mode . I was told by ESS that the new tune for the VT-525 should take care of the problem . guess not . Interestingly when I was searching for an appropriate sized check valve I called Active Autowerks . They turn this sensor off with their SC kits for this very reason and wondered why ESS didn't . ESS response was they don't like deactivating safety equipment , so I attempted the mechanical solution . That has failed , so it's turn it off time bc the "safety "feature is going to get one of us killed.
Appreciate 0