View Single Post
      11-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

The Zed is stripped down as far as I'm taking it. It'll probably take me 2 days to get everything as clean as I want and mask it off so I can sand it with the DA and not get dust everywhere I don't want dust.

I like to spray cars sitting on jackstands.

-1). It gets the car away from the floor which kicks up less dirt and dust and makes it easier to paint rockers which are easily missed... Learned that the hard way... ONCE!

-2). Sitting on stands (without rubber caps on the stands) grounds the car making flake and pearl lay down like it should. static electricity can make flake stand on end instead of laying flat and ruin a paint job. If you paint a metallic or pearl with tires on a car, throw a chain over the chassis and let it touch the ground.

Get loose wiring taped up and out of the way so you don't step on it and break a connector.

Everything is out of the way good enough for me now to paint the jambs without removing the doors.

Lots of parts to put back on. One shelf is just small parts that need to be painted separatly.

Yep, I think I'm gonna need to clean of my paint mixing table so I can use it LOL.

Appreciate 0