View Single Post
      04-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
SlikM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM/Blk M Coupe

hey man, good to here you are wanting to take the next step.

When i took my test i didn't have much time but used the GMAT prep books available at barnes and noble. I used Princeton and Kaplan and the combination of both helped me a lot. Obviously you can devote more time to any sections you are rusty on (math or english) as they have separate study materials for each section.

I would say that the prep course helps but its not cheap. My friends and I did well and we used extensive study methods using the books materials alone. I think with the time you are giving yourself the books should be sufficient to get yourself a really good score, with you knowing your study habits and what not. Other downside to prep courses are that they are expensive and most are set times, with you working full time it might not only get stressful but tiring which may not allow you to get the most out of it. This is another advantage of the books, study at your own pace and focus on things you need to improve on more instead of sitting in a class and learning things you are good at already.

Hope that helps.

Pros of business school - with the crappy economy an MBA can only serve to further your present career and give you more options to pursue. Your personal self achieving will be high and thats never a bad thing.

Cons - $$$$, that's it.

All positives in my opinion of you ask me, investing in yourself is a great thing. Once you've invested in yourself, invest in some mods!

might want to move this to a different section of the forum
Appreciate 0