View Single Post
      10-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #33
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardTS View Post
I am going to say this once and once only. These cars need to be BROKEN IN!!!!!!

You have a new tranny - baby it for 10,000 miles (yes I said 10,000 miles!) and it will work fine. Yes it has a notchy 1-2 shift. Get used to it and get over it!
I might buy that (in hope--which is far from fact) had I just not spent the last 5 years in Germany. Over there, when techs need answers to questions or concerns they don't shoot from the hip, they call Munich and get the right answers direct from the source. My car is at 7,000 miles and it was broken in following the BMW guidelines to the letter. It would grind now if I don't use the method conveyed to me. But I guess at 10,000 miles it will magically correct itself? Doubt it. Ultimately I don't abuse it and the few times I experienced the grind I wasn't revving it into oblivion.