View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
GG
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

2007 M Roadster on 19’’ Forgestar black with 285’s on the rear.

Hi all I am new to the boards and there seems to bit very good information and enthusiasm shares here among M enthusiasts.

I have noticed that pictures make the board interesting, so here are a couple for good show and tell.

I am having some issues with these rims and tires that I am trying to resolve and or answer…can these rims and tires be made to work with no rubbing or BS and if so will somebody please tell me what I should/need to do.
It rubs only in sport mode under acceleration, when I hit bumps in the road, I live on top of a long hill and like to romp it up the hill and cant..also I have not really gone out there and tested the rim/ tire set up another way..Cruising/putting around does not seem to rub other than the one off bump in the road.
The rub seems to be coming from the fender lip..
As meaty as this looks is..and as much as I am hoping to keep it..I am not willing sacrifice function over looks.
I had 2 2002 m5’s..what car ? Only problem was they are more freeway cars than what I wanted..I like tight back roads, hills and throwing the ass out..Do you guys think I will be able to do that still with the current tire/rims set up post a tweaking of camber, shocks, lip roll etc all?

Also where do you buy M badge stuff..my rear badge on the trunk is all faded and looks ugly, do I need to buy the whole badge chrome et,or can I just get the 3 color stickers somewhere.
Also my BMW center caps from my stock rims don’t fit these..Where can I buy them?

Further I am looking at doing the ESS SC on my car but it has 45k on it..I have read many things about engine longevity re a SC, it’s very rare / never do I red line my car..Call me a weenie but it feels abusive to me..To be honest if ever I have even taken it over 6500 has been by mistake.
My question is..if I SC-ed my car considering I don’t redline really ever and drive it maybe on the weekends..is the SC safe?
My daily driver don’t laugh is a 1989 Toyota 22re..single cab.
If anybody has some facts to share PLEASE ,PLEASE let me know !!!!!
G
I’m in La Jolla California.
Attached Images

Last edited by GG; 07-22-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0