View Single Post
      10-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

I hate to bump this but my question isnt worth a whole new thread.

I have a few Questions concerning exhaust upgrades for ///m coupes

1. I am looking into a rogue x-pipe, An axle back muffler, and an evolve tune. I live in md where emissions laws are pretty strict. Will I have any issues? These modifications shouldn't throw codes at all, but I might fail for being modified in the first place. Maybe someone from md can chime in.
2. For the axle back, I'm thinking about re diablos or rpi's. I have searched and read all the great exhaust threads. There really is some great info here! My question is that I can't seem to find how much wait is saved by the rpi's. I know the diablos shed about 15 lbs compared to stock and I think the rpi's are around 30ish? If I am understanding correctly, is that wait really noticeable, or just a nice pro to the rpi. From what I have read, the rpi's give a louder more exotic tone while the diablos give a lower growl. Would the addition of the x pipe just add the gurgles and pops and maybe some more sound?
I was also considering eisenmann race and ss power loops but don't see the gain for that price, but I may be wrong.
Appreciate 0