View Single Post
      06-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #16
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
I used to whole heartedly agree with your comments about DSC (I never turn Sport On), and maybe I still do in a general sense, but I really feel it all depends on the track layout. My instructors have always complimented me on my smoothness and I'm more apt to think other drivers on the track are very green and just really slow before I even consider the fact that it might actually be me who's really fast, so I'm not coming at this like some know-it-all prick. But my experience is that for track layouts that are both tight (lots of curves, very few straights) and very technical (off-camber or up-hill or combos or all of the above in multiple corners), DSC will do much more harm than good if you're pushing the car at all. In some cases, the car really does not know better.
I agree. From what I have noticed with DSC on my times have been considerably slower than if it is off. Nevertheless, I have it on on my first run and then off the rest of the day. Sort of a protective measure against my lack of driving experience. Oversteer is very easy with this car, especially exiting tight turns.
Appreciate 0