View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #50
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
iphone..... that noise is the belt, you can actually see the belt jumping off the pulley if you look closely..... Honestly you shouldnt be driving your car at all imo.............. thats putting ALOT of stress on the s/c bearings....

Lets clear the vt2-500 issues up.... the intercooler piping does need alittle lengthening on some cars, other than that its complete plug and play, bear in mind its the same piping used on the m3 so it just needs alittle tweaking, some cars will need more than other but its imo no big deal at all, the s/c intake when fitted in the correct location WILL NOT touch the hoot AT ALL, i did warn you about this as youve refered to........ it needs to be nice and tucked into by the suspension turret...... it will never touch the hood in this location...

The crank pulley WAS in my instructions, as have them in front of me as i type..... IMO its all down to the installers, both my installs for vt1 and 2 have been bang on........ The type of kits will always require different alterations from car to car, im 100% happy with my vt2 kit.

Let me clarify my kit fits perfectly, no touching anywhere, hood or anything, great strutbrace clearance, great performance.... i couldnt be a happier ess customer....
come on guys, were adding a supercharger things will need to be tweaked, no car is the same. Mine has taken me a while to work out the little mods i needed to make but i now have a kit that fits like stock parts.... im about as happy as i could be. On top of everything the engine bay looks just awesome, i can look into it all day long............

iphone your crank pulley will solve your issues, the s/c intake will need to be adjusted to ensure correct fitment.... lower engine mounts will not work for us, we'll lower the i/c piping to the point where we wont be able to fit under trays back on......................
iphone ANYTHING i can do to help, im here bro.....
I don't know if ess gave you a free kit or what for you to be repping them so hard - but you say your install was PERFECT from your shop, but in the next breath say how it took you 6 months to get all the tweaks worked out and get things to how you thought they should be.

IMO, and no I'm not wrong because it's just that - an opinion, at $10k+ for a kit plus labor costs if you want it warrantied and whatever other fees on top to fix the tweaks, it shouldn't take 6 MONTHS to get it fitting or running like OEM.

Again, it's JMHO and I personally will wait to see what other's experiences are both short term and long term.

I hope it's more positive things about the kit. So far it seems the best and worst things about the kit are it's service. On one hand people are getting shipped kits with missing parts consistently and on the other Roman gets great praise for doing the right thing and fixing errors ASAP. So while its disconcerting that people are getting incomplete kits and waiting weeks for a full kit to arrive, it's nice to see that at least when something goes wrong the issue is taken care of and not pushed to the side.

Which all leads back to.. The jury is still out.

Last edited by MIKe86; 07-18-2011 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0