06-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

HPDE musings

So here is a recap of LCMT (Mont-Tremblant) yesterday
7 bimmerpost members were with me, out of the 80 participants.
Mostly 335s and M3s. Others were Z06s, 911 GT3, 911 Carrera S, Mustangs, lots of E46s, and a couple of Audis and an Toyota Echo.

I was in the intermediate group. This was my 9th HPDE day. I have previously gone to Calabogie (Ontario), LCMT (Quebec) and ICAR (Quebec)

1st session all is good except I seem to be rough in my inputs.

2nd session.. smoother, faster... spin right before bridge. 1 wheel picks up debris, gathering grass, pebbles dirt in between rim and tire. Spoke with track marshall to figure out what happened.
View post on imgur.com

Lunch time BBQ after I had my tire demounted, and remounted at gas station to clean the crap out of them. OZ is scratched but I don't really care about it.

3rd session great but kept DSC on... which is a hindrance.

4th session was half wet (DSC on) and half dry (DSC off) very smooth and some fun with a fellow student in an Audi for 3 laps.

Drive home, had to stop, seems I have a slow leak from the front tire that went in the grass. Pressure were 41, 34.5, 41, 41. So I will need to have that checked out.

This morning I checked my tire pressures... 33.5, 37, 33.5, 33.5
So that tells me I didn't have a leak, and the extra air I added scewed it up. Fixed it while they were cold.
Car is at the dealer, hopefully having her brakes done, alignment, new wipers, and check rear suspension for what seems to be shock covers (rubber) that are detached.

Now I had registered to Watkins Glen next week, but the event has been canceled due to some asphalt repairs that need to be done on the track before the upcoming IRL race. I'm sad.
Appreciate 0