11-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #9
MHeavNC
Turd in the Punch Bowl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i /// 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
I'm a little confused. Did it sound this way before you rolled up your sleeves and disconnected the subs?

You can find the amplifier pinouts on Bill's web space writeup on his subwoofer installation http://www.billswebspace.com/A18%20Amplifier.htm

I have the same top hi fi system in my wifes 3.0i Roadster and it rocks compared to my M Coupe.. The only difference is the M has Nav.. The system has sounded awful since I had the car (2 weeks).. At first I thought that it may just be a rattling issue or blown rear speakers.. I checked all subs by removing them and switching them out with the roadster... Roadster still rocks while Coupe is still sucking...... So the subs are fine... I then unhooked both subs in the Coupe and noticed that the audio came to life a little with the remaining 8 speakers... Plugging the subs back up makes everything sound bad / weak... So now I am down to the amp, fuses, and wiring.. I have a feeling that the problem is the amp.... Thanks for the link.. It may come in handy later today..

Last edited by MHeavNC; 11-19-2011 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0