03-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #13
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT View Post
I just booked a broker for 900.. am I in trouble?
The broker is now going to list your vehicle on a "national load board" to find and assign a driver that will pick up the car, probably paying that driver $600-700 to make the journey. If a driver doesn't accept it in a reasonable amount of time, likely because he's not getting paid enough, your broker might try to entice more drivers by dropping their commission and upping what the driver gets paid. If that doesn't work, you can cancel and try yet another broker. That new broker might want more money, but they might also have a bigger network of drivers to draw from.

This whole process is incredibly frustrating and time consuming. There is no easy answer, and it all depends on the drivers and what other shipments they have lined up to make the journey profitable. It took my car over a month to go from New York State to California, and I had to go through multiple brokers to find a driver that ultimately transported the car. In the end, it cost more than twice what you're paying, too.

Hope it gets there soon and is well cared for. Above all else, patience is the key.
Appreciate 0