Thread: GTA Z4's
View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #50
BigLeo48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

First, the “Mop” is a really a Hog Hair brush. It is completely safe to use as the hog hair bristles are softer than the pain (the nylon ones should never be used on car paint). However, any grit that may be in the brush can and will scratch the paint, so it is best to rinse the head of the brush with high pressure rinse BEFORE using it. Also, ensure there is enough foam to properly lubricate the brush and draw away any dirt particles that is coming off the car. The foam brush soap actually has no cleaning power to it…it is there simply to lubricate, the cleaning power comes from the friction of the bristles. Having said all this, I rarely use it as I find it not to be necessary as my car is never that dirty and always protected with wax or some other type of paint protectant. Usually a good alkaline presoak along with high pressure rinse will do the trick.

About Coinwash.ca, I have had a few discussions with Stuart and I am still pissed at him for stealing my "Getting the Best Results" write up. He completely plagiarized it and admitted to it. He has made some minor changes to his info, but much of what I see on his page I've either written or read somewhere else....and so people like that I can live without . Now Stuart is a production and photography cinematography guy. He built an above average wash, but how well the wash works depends a lot on understanding chemistry, paint and other surfaces. From carwash postings I've read from him...I'm not impressed. But that is the carwash industry. The vast majority of owner operators of commercial carwashes and detail centers have woefully low on training, education and expertise. When you understand the chemistry, the soils and surface that you're dealing with, washing a car properly without causing damage is not that difficult.

BigLeo