View Single Post
      04-02-2023, 07:49 AM   #1
garz747
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC 01 330i 18 X3 M40i

Sleeping beauty awakens...

Finally- after an almost five month hibernation I fired up my Z4M coupe. Fresh 10w60 in the fall and a fully charged battery made this easy.At last 14C. Ive been following the "dont start all winter" philosophy so as to not fill the crankcase with raw fuel and dilute the oil and so far so good. Pulled out on the potholed dirt road that was still wet and leads to the main road. Ah, nice and dry here although covered in sand and marbles from a long winter. Push in the sweet clutch and shift to second. A little graunchy til the fluid warms. Burble along in third until the oil warms up. The rock hard ride, the flat cornering, sublime steering and its super fat wheel feel great. Its like getting a new car every spring. As the oil temp moves up I can finally explore the rev range a bit and revel in the superb throttle response this atmo engine delivers! A few pulls from 3000 in third gear and it all comes flooding back- what a great toy this car is! If u cannot afford a 911 this will do nicely! Cheers. Btw -6C this am so spring has not sprung yet.
Appreciate 7