View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Small RANT about "TRACKED" Cars

I am sure the ones that read this part of the forums already feel this way, but I will plow ahead. Do you get as tired of people selling the cars with the famous quote "never tracked" on the sale page as I do? SERIOUSLY do these people really believe taking an M series car to the track is hurting it! Myself I would never devalue a car just because it was on the track. Think about it, people that DO track their cars, have a far more inclusive maintenance schedule that those that don't. I can tell you the EXACT day and hour my last brake fluid flush was done, when the tires were balanced, oil changes (myself only), all the bolts and nuts checked, filters changed, valves adjusted, diff and trans fluids changed, bushings checked and changed, rotors and pads inspected and changed.

Joe Normal Guy has no clue when any of this was done to their "never tracked" car. I would MUCH rather buy a car that was tracked than one that was only serviced by the BMW schedule and driven around on the weekend like it was a fragile flower. My 2 cents.

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0