Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 + '07 ///M Roadster

No update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzrrrr View Post
Any new news on this?
No new update. The status is that when I press the button it goes into SD mode and you can really tell the difference, the gas pedal gets really sensitive and the steering appears to get stiffer BUT the LED on the button doesn't come on. The light for the "Sport" on the button can be varied with the intensity of the instrument cluster, but the LED indicator on the button doesn't come on. Looking at the WDS (wiring diagram), the signal for for LED comes from the Electronic Power Steering. It's looking for a LOW signal (ground) from the EPS and it's not there. I can ground the pin and the LED comes on. My thoughts at this point are: 1)It's going in Sport Mode (because I can feel it, see SD on the instrument cluster and see the tach change) 2)I'm not sure if the DME is talking to the EPS (because the feel of the steering is subjective - I "think" I feel a change, but I can't measure it. Others with the "real" sport button imply the same.) 3)btw I have an old version of Carsoft Software. When I run it I see the EGS (gearbox) change from the "A" Drive Program to the "S" Drive Program when I have the button on. SO, to make a long post short: I press the button, there's a big difference in the way the car responds acceleration wise, there may be a little difference in the way it handles, but no LED..... I hope more to come.... Chuck I

Last edited by Chuck I; 06-05-2009 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0