10-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #16
Andyh1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M black saphire / imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm torn.

On the one hand, I like the fact that this is a car that NOBODY knows or cares about. I can pull up to a car meet just about anywhere, and besides the few "hey that's a clean BMW" remarks, no one really knows what it is. Even at BMW centric meets, people congregate to the M3s and M4s and leave me and my little coupe alone for the most part. The few that strike up a conversation, either has one, knows someone who has one, or are up on BMW's history to know what it is and can appreciate it. So to the general public at large, I never have to deal with the douchebags that roll up in their stanced whatevers and ask "hey how much horsepower you making?"

You know, I like the exclusive little club we've got here.

On the other hand, part of me has always been angry that BMW never really put much thought into marketing this car, and have basically let it become a commercial failure by not creating a factory race effort behind it, never putting it in any of their marketing media, and relegated it to second class status by overpricing it and making sure that during its production run it could never compete against its siblings. The fact that E46 M3s in good condition and moderately low mileage (less than 75,000 miles) are starting to fetch near $25K while those that wish to sell their MZ4 Coupe are struggling to get people to pay attention irks me, even though I have zero intentions to ever want to sell it (still good to know that it WILL fetch $$$ is a comfort to the subconscious). So as these videos start to pop up and some of the enthusiasts on the fringe are starting to take notice, this part of me gets the warm-fuzzies in the nether-region.

I kinda like where it's at right now though, just sort of on the edge of a lot of people's lips, but not enough to draw the uncouth masses. It's not cheap enough for some dumbass to pick up and ruin, almost all the "modified" MZ4 Coupes are done in a *very* tasteful manner where I would have no problem associating with most of its owners (except for the guy with the "Send Nudes").

It's not flashy nor expensive enough for the Bilzerians of the world to want one yet and that is alright in my book.
My thoughts as well...check out this thread. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425375