Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkz4mc View Post
K guys....

I just got it out !!!!

I'm gonna be honest with you though... it's not a job for the faint of heart ! You don't really "destroy" the seat, you could put it all back together if need be, as you only need to cut out the upholstery clips and cut the wires to the seat belt clip as they pre-wire them through a small metal bracket before the connector ends are put on. I can just wire them back together though and heat shrink it so they'll be good to go.

To be honest, I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I'm really doing this right by using the stock parts and not piecing it together with resistors and crap and then dealing with any codes, etc.

I'll post a few pics in a bit, just going to put this seat back together before the wife gets home so she's none the wiser !!!!

B
I hate to bump a thread from 5+ years ago, but after research, this seems to be the best info out there. If you are still around (or if anyone else knows), the OEM seat belt receptacles CAN be used with an aftermarket seat, provided that you have a place to mount the receptacle to? And the wiring for the seat belt sensors, can be removed from the stock seats?

So, I could buy this floor mount adapter and these lap belt tabs, and be able to use my stock receptacle (female end with red button), with wiring, to safely have the car know when the seatbelt is connected, right?

I assume that there is a single harness that goes from the car to the seat? Correct me if I am wrong please. So I would have to figure out what pins on that harness to connect to the stock belt wires? Or is it a separate harness for the seat belt?

I will be installing seats in my car over the next couple weeks so I'm just trying to get this all figured out.
Appreciate 0