View Single Post
      07-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Dyno trouble shooting session of Z4M ESS VT - 525

So I finally got the old girl on the dyno to sort out my limp mode issue and lack of top end. The limp mode after installing the VT-2 525 has been very different than before and despite not having any leaks during leak testing the car didn't feel as strong as it should. The dyno clearly shows oscillating boost which is consistent with belt slippage, with corresponding glazing on the belt as well. The belt is also noticeably looser than after install. I believe my hydraulic belt tensioner has given up the ghost as well as my belt is not tight due to an incorrect crank pulley. Annoyingly during the install my shop installed the wrong crank pulley (the VT-1 pulley) which means that even without my belt slipping I was not making full boost. I can't believe I made 398 whp at 5psi lol. Ignore the boost spike after let off this sampling system for this dyno does that on all cars for some reason. My peak boost was barely over 5psi at 8,000 rpm.This explains why my car has felt consistent but weak and the limp modes that all of a sudden were not temp related. The tensioner failing added belt slip on top of the pulley issue and thus my problem worsening as of late.
George
Attached Images

Appreciate 0