04-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
philjw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
I dunno. My first tune showed a nice consistent power gains across the curve and I was happy with it. The second one that has been a little rough and maybe it is because my first tune was on the rich side the second tune came out a little lean if Sal was trying to compensate. From what I've seen, it's still a good purchase with good gains to be realized but you need to dyno and verify, it isn't just a drop in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Don't u think the tuning company should 'dyno and verify' before sending out a ultra-lean tune that could potentially do a lot of damage?
Or should it be up to the customer to confirm the 'experts' have done their job?

FWIW, I've had no such issues with ESS. They've tuned things properly in house, have flawless AFR readings, and obviously mastered our DME (which is entirely different to the E46 M3).
Agreed regarding the need for vendor testing. Haven't seen people with the other tunes reporting nearly as many issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Child View Post
I also believe my car is running rich with the evolve tune I just got. Under WOT in low rpm the car stutters for a bit and then pulls, however didnt really feel a difference in power.
Just one more reason I'm leaning toward ESS. Still haven't received a call from Evolve, by the way... The lack of customer service is actually more frustrating.
Appreciate 0