04-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #18
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45
I dunno. My first tune showed a nice consistent power gains across the curve and I was happy with it. The second one that has been a little rough and maybe it is because my first tune was on the rich side the second tune came out a little lean if Sal was trying to compensate. From what I've seen, it's still a good purchase with good gains to be realized but you need to dyno and verify, it isn't just a drop in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjw View Post
As a potential customer, should I be concerned that multiple people on this forum are reporting power loss with the Evolve-R tune without any report (that I've seen) of a fix? Seems odd in light of how highly regarded your product is for the E46 M3. Also, left a voicemail almost two weeks ago because I had some other questions about how this tune would work for my setup and heard nothing back...
Don't u think the tuning company should 'dyno and verify' before sending out a ultra-lean tune that could potentially do a lot of damage?
Or should it be up to the customer to confirm the 'experts' have done their job?

FWIW, I've had no such issues with ESS. They've tuned things properly in house, have flawless AFR readings, and obviously mastered our DME (which is entirely different to the E46 M3).
Appreciate 0