View Single Post
      04-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
kevinlindley1
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M Roadster

OK I'll look into Route 66. And yea the service history shows that it was serviced every year very consistently - about every July which happened to be between 14k-15k miles. And they specifically told me that there was no max payout/cap on the policy, so that may be why its so expensive. They also sent me a sample contract which says something to the effect that they cover "breakdowns" but not "wear and tear," where breakdowns are due to defects and wear and tear is due to....everyday wear and tear. That does concern me, but at the same time these guys do have an A+ on the BBB with over like 200 reviews so I assume that they won't be ridiculous if I made a claim. But still I totally agree that this $4k plan may not be worth it. Considering my main concern is replacing the engine - which I read costs anywhere from $5k - $7k - I guess there isnt much to be saved if I make a payment $4k now for something that may only cost $5k in the future...Lol.

Edit: Just to add I also called my local Classic BMW dealer and asked if they had extended warranties for used BMWs. The guy said that BMW itself won't offer a warranty on any BMW over 80k miles. Of course that kind of shook my faith in the whole purchase when the manufacturer won't stand behind their own car after 80k miles. Lol its like saying "we make great cars...but not that great."

Last edited by kevinlindley1; 04-15-2015 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0