View Single Post
      01-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
iZ4vel
Repair Member
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i

Help please! Fuel line disconnect?

I have a fuel leak where the fuel line connects to my fuel pressure regulator/fuel pump. My Haynes manual doesn't give instruction on how to disconnect the fuel line. I need to disconnect this fuel line because I'm most likely going to have to replace the fuel pressure regulator. I have tried everything from pushing the fuel line in, to turning the fuel line, to pulling on the fueling and I haven't had any success. If anyone know how to disconnect this fuel line please let me know. I drive a '03 Z4 2.5i. I made a video of the fuel line connector type, and also linked a picture of the new fuel pressure regulator's adapter, it appears to be a quick disconnect but obviously a generic fuel line removal tool won't work as the connector has 4 notches that block the inside. Maybe a special bmw tool? Or maybe it unscrews at its base? This is not held in by a metal clamp like on the 325i, it appears to be a push in type but it will not disconnect and it needs to because it is the source of the fuel leak. Thank you all for your help in advance!

Last edited by iZ4vel; 01-23-2016 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0