View Single Post
      02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster

More Pictures

I was unaware that some people may have felt that the swaybars were "beat up" looking, so I took some different pictures to better show the condition.

The front sway is almost perfect.

The rear sway bar has scratches that do not go to the underlying metal as a result of the (and you will see if you do the install yourself) rubbing that occurs when installing or removing the rear sway bar. It has to go around the exhaust, and in somewhat constrained by the rear diagonal braces, which it rubs against in to get the bar inside the rear structure. The bar has no exposed metal, has no rust, and can be touched up with some paint if desired. In fact, I have some epoxy spray paint that I could use, but I didn't want to do anything at least until there is a buyer who consents. Sway bars are like springs in that they generally don't go bad, so I didn't really make a big deal about cleaning them off for the initial photos, which were taken immediately after removal. These pictures are after wiping them down with some Formula 409. I also re-lubed the mounting bushings with copper anti-sieze.

Here are the pictures:

Front (below)

Rear (below x2)

FS: Leather Recaro Pole Position Seats & Hardware
Appreciate 0