View Single Post
      09-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #32
mckenna4978
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' BMW z4mr-A08

trunk stop limiter

Here's a picture of the ridiculously expensive piece of plastic which is no longer sold here in the U.S. I bought one from a dealership in California that had 1 in stock by mistake-I.E.$15.00 shipped. I installed that on the rt. side and on the lft. I used some rubber fuel hose that covered it perfect but looks somewhat tacky and doesn't have the same hardness as the plastic. So when I inquired about the top side panel covers, I figured what the hell I'll ask about the stop limiter. They have them so it was a done deal. I didn't want to open the trunk, have the wind catch it and wind up with a shattered rear windshield with the hardtop on. I drove 13 hrs. round trip to Michigan to purchase the hardtop from Chicago, IL. It already had a shattered rear window(owner had new one in box), stand, retrofit kit, lock down tool and 2 covers. I had to strip it down, get it painted, install new rear window and put it back together again. So that $15.00 piece of plastic may be worth it in the end. Here's the URL to the thread I posted about the hardtop below.
McKenna

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...p+installation
Attached Images

Appreciate 0