View Single Post
      05-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #28
sipman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

One reply talked about z3 owners being friendlier. If this is any sort of comparison. I have a 83 VW Rabbit GTi fully prep-ed for SCCA Street Prepared.
And I have a 07 Z4MC. Unofficially, I think there are about the same number of each on the road currently. No one has ever pulled an extremely dangerous u-turn to chase after me when I was driving the BMW. But it's happened a couple of times in the Rabbit!
There is something to be said for age of a car. I use the rabbit to surf, and in one weekend surfing, I had 10 people come to talk to me about the car. When I asked a surf shop owner to look at my board on top of the car, I don't think he saw the board until after he was wow-ed by the car underneath it.
So the question is, do I look like a prick in the BMW but a nice guy in the Rabbit? While it's true, most people who talk to me about the Rabbit started in one when they were younger, so the audience approaching me must know I appreciate the car as much as they did. Can't the BMW guys assume the same thing. That said, I've only gotten a couple of waves in the BMW by other BMW drivers. While other drivers have really been the friendly folks pulling up to me to express their appreciation.

Not to thread jack, but does anyone else find other drivers pull up super fast on you and try to blow past you on the highway. Does this mean I should sell my car now because a Pontiac G6 driver felt he could drive faster than me?
Appreciate 0