01-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #65
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Hey, that's fine. Thing is, the closes race track is in Greece, some 200kms away from where I live. I really do not need a LSD for track or auto-x since I don't do either. As I have said before, this is a mod that I put at the bottom of my list. I understand what it does and what the gains are, but still I am not sure I want such a modification.

Also, I wouldn't call my posts mis-informative, it's just a question of grinding through all of the information to get to what is actually applicable and works. I do intend to start a thread about my mods when they get under way. The biggest problem I have now, except with the parts I am going to get from the dealership, is the availability of some of the mods in Europe (i.e. Gruppe M Ram Air System). I will have to look further to see if there are dealers around here.

No, your posts are mis-informative because they lack accurate information. Not just the LSD, but the need for a cooling system upgrade, brakes, tires, etc.

What made you think the N52 needed a cooling upgrade? You compare it to the kit available for the 120d, whether or not there is such a kit it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison seeing how the 120d is a twin turbo diesel. Then you mention getting the BMW Perf Brakes off the e90 to fit on the Z4. Why? If you're going to mess with bias but have access to custom brackets, why stop there? Might as well put on Cayenne calipers - bigger and more bling... In response to someone's inquiry regarding a 35 profile tire, you responded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Where did I say that I want to reduce my tire size? The 18 inch rims are a standard on the Z4 3.0si, at least here, and if you are referring to the 225/35 R 18 88 W Front tire size, I just feel that it is going to look more symmetrical, no other reason.
We obviously know what's standard on the Z4 3.0si. But what do you think a lower profile does? By having a smaller sidewall, the tire effectively becomes shorter. The 225/40 and 255/35 put you between 89.25 and 90mm or about 3.5". A 225/35 puts you at 3", so you lose about 1" of height.

End of day, nobody here cares what upgrades you do. None of us are vested in your car, but you came to us for questions/advice so you're going to get our feedback. And if you're post wrong information, it will be addressed, simple as that.