View Single Post
      03-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #16
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Ah sorry for not being clear. I mean, the tune is great for what it is. But it is what it is; just a mail-order tune

I'm thoroughly happy with mine, but it really all just comes down to each individual's perspective in terms of "worth".
To me, it was worth the hookup price since I was technically the first customer outside of AA.

As far as the header tune goes, I think the mapping is all the same. The ECU is capable of adapting to help take advantage of your modifications. Just don't expect anything breath-taking. For that, you'll need full standalone and many hours of dyno tuning. Not to mention a very good tuner/programmer

Sooo yeah it comes down to what price you're able to get an ECU tune for, and your plans down the road. Like for me, I plan on doing FI down the road. I'm trying to hold out for a turbo app. Maybe I'll offer my car up to a R&D vendor if they're willing to back up their work via contract, such as covering for possible blown motor and any damages to car during R&D process, etc.
Appreciate 0