03-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Jax543210
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

Z4 - Update - Hole Found - lawn clippings and such in cabin

Z4 2007

---Update I have a hole in my firewall ----
Anyone know the part number of the blind plug that fits in there? I haven't been able to find the part on realoem.com
------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I use a leaf blower near my car it causes the interior to fill up with small yard debris. How is this stuff getting in my car? Where is the opening?

1) I checked my cabin air filter. It's clean and seated properly. The clasp holding it in was/is secured tightly as well.

2) Windows up all the way; yes.

3) Doors closed properly; yes.

4) Rubber gaskets around doors,windows: water tight and sealing; yes.

5) Took a look under the dash by removing plastic panel above the pedals; but nothing stands out to me, but I also don't know what I'm looking for.

The debris ends up pretty much everywhere.

Attached is what the plastic panel above the pedals looks like covered in debris. The debris is also on the carpet in the open area under the center of the dash next to the gas pedal (not visible without first removing the plastic panel above the pedals). Difficult to photograph because of lighting conditions.

Does anyone know if the hole above the brake pedal pictured below is normal?

I have another thread about noise coming from this area of the car that sounds like there is an open hole in the firewall. I wonder if the debris is coming from the same opening?
Attached Images

Last edited by Jax543210; 03-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0