View Single Post
      02-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Here's the hardware list that I compiled (excluding the two extra moly bolts that Chris personally used):

You can pretty much get whatever nuts, bolts, and washers you'd like, but I went with what Chris used, which I'm going to list off the top of my head as follows:

- Ten 1/4-inch diameter by 1-inch length machine screws/bolts (with 20 pitch threading) for mounting of sides of bumper/splitter
- Ten 1/4-inch diameter (with 20 pitch threading) lock nuts for locking the bolts in place
- Twenty 1/4-inch diameter inner hole by 1-inch outter diameter washers; one washer on the bumper side and one on the splitter side

- Three 1/4-inch diameter by 2-inch length machine screws/bolts (with 20 pitch threading) for the center mounts in between the fangs
- Three 1/4-inch diameter by 1-inch length metal spacer to help keep a healthy distance between bumper bottom and splitter top
- Three 1/4-inch diameter (with 20 pitch threading) lock nuts for locking bolts in place
- Twelve 1/4-inch diameter inner hole by 1-inch outter diameter washers; one washer on bumper side and one on the splitter side. And one on each side of the metal spacers as well.

This allowed me a total of 13 mounting locations excluding the two support rods which I don't particularly want to use. Will see how the splitter behaves prior to tracking it, and see if they're absolutely mandatory.
Appreciate 0