View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I take it back, I'm NOT a fan of Sport Button...

So I used to think the sport button was great, the extra sensitivity on the throttle was great when starting from a dig or even powering out of a turn leading into the straights. However, after this past weekend at Summit Point, I really did not like it at all. In fact, I always used the sport button on road courses but this one particular turn really demonstrated how overly touchy it is.

Turn 4, 'the chute' is considered the fastest turn on the main circuit and it leads into the slowest turn. Some consider turn 5 a throwaway but I don't think so. There's actually a very small straight between 5 and 6 in which you can gain some speed and same applies to the straight between 4 and 5. Granted you're not going full throttle but there's no reason to coast between 4 and 5 neither. As you shave off speed and graze the brakes slightly leading into 4, you want to get back on throttle and maintain. But every time I got on the gas ever so slightly, you'd still feel excessive weight transfer to the rear. And of course that doesn't help when you have to brake hard for a few seconds later for turn 5, and the weight comes back to the front again. It really upsets the balance of the car and I'm now convinced, sport button.. not a fan at least on the track.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 07-30-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0