09-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #99
Memento1731
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcube View Post
I finally found the time today to install the extensions.

Mine were ordered in fibreglass instead of carbon fibre, and I had my paint shop spray them gloss black to create some contrast to my frozen black paint job. Side note: In an attempt to cut down on cost I tried to use a vinyl wrap on them first and that failed miserably. The way it is constructed just doesn't allow the vinyl to get a good hold along the edges so it will not work. Don't even bother trying.

Besides the two cut outs for the jack pads, I had to make another one at the rear end to make space for that little splash guard. You can of course choose to remove it, but i felt adding a cut out was the simpler option. Cosmetically it will not make a difference.

Installation was a pain since i was using a car jack. All the bending over and having my head upside down was really no fun. Automotive mounting tape was used to hold it in place initially, then self tapping screws straight through the extension and side skirt. I used 6 screws on each side.

Quite happy with the final results. It isn't perfect, but still managed to achieve the look I wanted.
More pics please
I really like how these s type extensions looks
I think it's a nice combination with the standard side skirts.
Do you know where I can find them on the the AGT website? I've been searching but I can't find anything for our cars on there site
Appreciate 0