08-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #702
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
sounds like RPI cans!!!!!!

not to sure on this mod tom??? seems like alot of expense for nothing other than noise??
at least the rpis drop a shed load of weight.......

sounds good tho!!!
This mod continues the theme/ideology of my build, which is to create a easily tolerable daily driver that turns into a polar opposite on the track or any kind of competition.

Yeah, I gained 6lbs or so. I wanted something noisy for when I'm feeling like the stock is too quiet. The sound isn't as "good" as I wanted, and like all cutouts, this one has a very small leak that you can hear when its closed. In fact, I don't really like the sound at full throttle either. It sounds its best driving at partial throttle downtown, where the sound reverberates and bounces off building walls, it sounds like a full exotic cruizing by.

I wanted to do this mod so I can have a loud exhaust AND a very quiet exhaust at the same time. I did not want an aftermarket muffler that can become annoying, and then I'd be stuck with it. Its such a pleasure to press that button and go back to the stock sound. Plus, I'm sure it picked up a couple of horses, probably between 5 and 10. I'll dyno after my meth kit is fixed