View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
gas-can
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0i Roadster

Hi Gold,

This really does sound like you have some air stuck somewhere in the system. Sometimes getting the air out can be a true pain, but not doing so causes a bunch of issues which causes dealers/mechanics to replace parts at random hoping the problem goes away. I suggest truly bleeding the system several times to be safe. I dont have much experience with bmws specifically so I don't know about the relief valve mentioned above, but you may want to try to bleed it the old fashioned way to just to be safe (removing cap, turning car on, and adding coolant as car burps out air).

Also, anyway you could check the thermostat to ensure that it's working properly? Easy way to test it- pull it out- get some boiling hot water- drop the thermostat in to the water. If it's working properly, you will physically see it open. Needless to say, you don't want to reuse whatever container used for food/drinking again (antifreeze causes blindness )

When you do find out what's causing it, please let us know so that we can learn for the future!

gas-can
Appreciate 0