View Single Post
      12-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
gas-can
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0i Roadster

Thank you guys.

I examined the car and test drove it for a decent amount of time yesterday at low and high speeds. Engine and tranny appears to be in very good condition and the owner has the records showing the maintenance that was done. The interior and exterior are also in very good condition. The top is beige, so it has some lines, but they are minor and may even wash away after a good wash. All the interior appointments appeared to be working well too.

The car has obviously been looked after. The bodywork that was done after the valet accident appears to have been done very well. I wouldn't have spotted it if she did not tell me about it and she has all the paperwork on the repairs, so I offered her 17250. She stated that she had another interested buyer, so if she accepts my offer, I'll just give a call to her mechanics to confirm the papers she presented, and will then complete the deal.

The offer I made was a bit higher than I originally planned, but the vehicle appears to have been well taken care of. The only 2 issues I saw are that the tires need replacement and the accident (a non issue for me due to the papers and high quality repair).

I've been looking for a z for a while and it's been difficult to find what I want, hence the slightly higher price. Most for sale are automatics

I wish you Americans would learn to drive more sticks so that they wouldn't be so bloody rare!!!

I'll keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for your help!
gas-can
Appreciate 0