09-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
AirOpsMgr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrwalker View Post
I am planning to do the Tekarbon angel eyes soon and need some inspiration.

Would love to see all colors of cars and lenses with angels eyes in 2 shots:

1. daytime shot of car with eyes on
2. nighttime shots of car with eyes on

I am really trying to decide if I need to have the lenses painted BSM to match my BSM car. Maybe the oem silver is too reflective with the new bright angel eyes???

Thanks to all who post examples.
I literally just sent mine out on Wed to Eric to get mine done. I can't help on the painted aspect as mine are already black, and staying black ..... and no LED strip.

I recently bought the Sonar/Spyder "e-bay" versions to try out, but wasn't impressed with the dim angel eyes, so decided to send my OEMs to get done.... if I dig the Tekarbons, the Sonars will go up for sale shortly!

One word of caution, package them well and send by US mail if you want a good shipping rate, as long as you don't mind a few extra days transit time.

When I spoke to Eric, he advised they charge a flat rate of $65 to send back, (and for me being in the air-cargo industry, I already knew that was more than double standard snail-mail) so I decided to send USPS return postage with the box.

From Atlanta GA to CA was $27 with 8 days transit (both headlights packaged independently and then placed in a larger box - did not exceed the additional dimension rate), I then included the same postage for return to avoid the $65 hit.

Also note, when you "check-out" on their web-site, you are automatically charged the $65 shipping, but Eric advised me that they will refund that upon departure from his shop if return postage is included.

Hope that helps,

Brgds/Greg
Appreciate 0