Femme
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i, Alpina Roadster S

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackS View Post
Femme, this is my first post and thanks for the great pics showing the amount of work you've done.

I am also attempting the facelift of the rear lights on my 2004 Z4, and I'd like to ask you what you did to get the rear lights to work as they should. Did you just do a plug and play? I understand the circuitry is somewhat different as the earlier lights have a single circuit and share one bulb for both parking and brake lights, which means the same bulb of the parking lights just gets brighter when the brakes are applied. Whereas the new design has a separate circuit for the LED parking light (which are the horizontal bars above), and the brake light is in fact a separate non-LED bulb which comes on and off when braking. What about the check light on your dash? Did this come on?
I haven't done the installation my self so I don't know all the details. The facelift conversion is described in this document (it's in German unfortunately). You need at least a new bumper, new rear light units, new light control module, a software update and you have to run some extra lines from the light controle module to the rear lights. It's definately not plug and play.

Maybe someone has time to write a translation of the german document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxanthop View Post
Femme, is the car finished?

Care to share some pics?
Delivery of the car is planned for Saturday. Today I have driven the car for the first time in a long time. There are still some minor issues that have to be fixed (seat heating pads and the audio system are not working properly). The new suspension with the Reiger dampers and uprated bushings is working extremely well. Very comfortable and well controlled, much better than stock even though the car has been lowered several centimeters. We still have to fine tune the suspension.

The exhaust has a very nice sound, brakes are doing well and the Recaro seats are superb.

These are the latest pictures:

Last edited by Femme; 07-23-2008 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0